If you’re an individual or nonprofit who often raises money for your cause, you’ve likely used one of the many fundraising platforms on the market. Although GoFundMe is the most popular fundraiser, this doesn’t mean that it’s the perfect fit for every nonprofit. A closer look at many of the GoFundMe alternatives on the market may leave you with a new favorite fundraising platform.
If you’re currently searching for a GoFundMe alternative to host your next fundraiser, we’re here to help you out. We’ve compiled a list of the best GoFundMe alternatives for nonprofits and individuals from all walks of life. So browse through the options and find the fundraiser platform best suited for your needs.
6 GoFundMe Alternatives for Your Next Fundraiser
Overview: Fundly is often regarded as the best all-around GoFundMe alternative. No matter your cause, the Fundly platform is an excellent choice for your next fundraiser. As a “Keep it All” platform, individuals or nonprofits who use Fundly to raise money don’t need to worry about reaching their goals. After fees are applied, you get to keep all the money you made even if you didn’t hit your fundraising goal.
- Highly rated customer service and support team
- Fully customizable campaign pages
- Social media sharing capabilities
- 4.9% Fundly transaction fee & 2.9% credit processing fee +$0.30 per transaction
Overview: Givebutter is a free online platform that puts the “fun” in fundraisers. With a catchy slogan like “Give better, give butter,” Givebutter makes it clear that they intend to raise money and have a great time while they do it. Givebutter is an excellent platform for keeping donors engaged throughout the entirety of the fundraiser by allowing them to comment through a social media-like platform. Their creative and personalized fundraising pages can be used by nonprofits, schools, sports teams, and corporations alike.
- The platform gives donors the option to cover processing fees
- Compatible with a variety of payment methods (Apple Pay, Venmo, Google Pay, text to donate payments)
- Campaigns can last on Givebutter for an unlimited amount of time
- Givebutter is free, but they do charge a 2.9% credit processing fee +$0.30 per transaction
Overview: If you’re on the hunt for a GoFundMe alternative that is fee-free, Donate Kindly might be the platform for you. With a few clicks, you can embed a customizable Donate Kindly form into the website of your nonprofit. As Donate Kindly is funded on donations, users aren’t subject to monthly or payment platform fees.
- Donors data is securely stored and organized for later use
- Quickly automate thank you notes and tax receipts
- Only supported in USD
- Free, but there’s the standard 2.9% credit processing fee +$0.30 per transaction
Overview: Snowball prides itself on being “an all-in-one fundraising solution to grow your donor base.” Their fundraising platform is packed full of features to help you make the most out of every campaign and event held for your nonprofit. In addition, their transparent and straightforward pricing model lets you know exactly what you’re getting for your money, and you can choose the right plan based on the needs of your organization.
- Four-tier package plan based on your unique needs
- Control ticketing, and manage fundraiser events and galas from a singular dashboard
- All donation and campaign forms come with unique URLs
- Snowball offers four different plans: Essential, Premium, Professional, and Enterprise. The Essential plan is free and grants you access to all the essential tools you need. The Premium plan starts at $549, followed by the Professional plan at $849, and the Enterprise plan begins at $999 per year.
Overview: Larger nonprofits and social groups may find that Classy is the fundraising tool they need to handle their crowdfunding initiatives. Classy aims to enhance the donor experience on a global scale. Catering to over 130 currencies worldwide, it’s able to accept donations from around the world. For large nonprofits that hold events often, Classy offers unique event ticketing pages for donors to purchase tickets and make donations. The check-out process even allows you to ask supporters to make an extra donation on top of their tickets. To make the donation process even more accessible, Classy’s donation forms can even be integrated with Salesforce technology for a small fee.
- Supports over 130 currencies and accepts credit card payments
- Offers users highly customizable pages that include social media sharing
- Track donor and fundraiser data in real-time from the dashboard
- You need to contact Classy through their website and speak to a representative to get a quote on pricing. The platform fee is estimated to start around $499 a month, and the payment processing fees range anywhere from 1.0% – 5.9% +0.30 per transaction.
Overview: Are you engaging in a fundraiser to raise money for a specific list of items? If so, Fundrazr should be high up on your list of GoFundMe alternatives. Fundrazr works to help nonprofits and individuals further their cause by acquiring certain items on their wish list. For example, a wish list may be a school sports team needing new equipment or an after-school center that needs new activities for the kids. With a platform like Fundrazr, you’re able to get help where you need it the most from your supporters.
- One-click sharing to social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger)
- Manage campaigns, donor thank-letters, announcements, and future events through your FundRazr dashboard
- Offer perks and thank you gifts to donors as incentives
- There are no monthly fees for FundRazr on the Free plan. Fill out their online form for more information about pricing for the Standard and Pro plans.
Make a Difference with Causability’s Crowdfunding Platform
Make a difference in your community with the help of Causability.
What makes us different?
- Causability.org serves other organizations by creating and promoting custom educational fundraising events.
- Causability.fund serves as a peer to peer crowdfunding platform where creatives can offer ‘perks’ in lieu of donations.
- Also, you can recruit volunteers or members to assist in furthering your cause.
- Causability.fund is owned by the nonprofit Causability.org therefore allowing us to charge lower fees, 2.7% + $0.30 per transaction (with no fees if covered by donor).
- We offer the same fundraising opportunities for both organizations and individuals.
Let us help you meet your fundraising goals, raising money for a cause that you feel passionate about. At Causability.org where you can set goals, create perks for your fundraiser, engage volunteers and instantly share your cause with supporters.